For a meal that’s quick and delicios, look no further than this fried rice with spring vegetables and fried eggs recipe! With minimal ingredients and short cooking time, this meal is perfect for those nights when you need a quick dinner. Here’s how to whip it up…
Fried rice with spring vegetables and fried eggs
Serves: 4 | 15 min prep | 10 min cook
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup scallion tops chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 ginger peeled, grated (½ -inch) piece
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 3 cups cooked rice or other grain
- 2 bunches asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces on a diagonal
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 oz. broccoli slaw
- 3 gloves of garlic
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Cook shallot, jalapeno, and ginger, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and just softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add beaten egg and stir to break up; cook just until set, a matter of seconds.
- Add rice; toss everything together, then let cook without disturbing until rice begins to crisp, about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus, peas, and broccoli slaw and toss, breaking up rice as needed. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and toss to coat. Give it a taste; you may want to add a little more soy sauce.
- Divide fried rice among plates. Top each with a fried egg and shower with remaining scallions.