When it comes to planning meals for our family my hubby and I try to find ways to create the dishes we crave, while being mindful about our families health. Our kids, like most kids, are big fans of mini cheeseburgers, onion rings and fries, so when we found the Ming Air Fryer and heard about its health benefits we knew we had to give it a try.
With the Ming Air Fryer you can cook crispy french fries and onion rings with little to no oil and at the same time with its convenient basket separator; this is a big time saver and health bonus. The fryer also works like a convection oven, which means it is able to cook the small beef patties while catching all of the grease below.
The perfect way to top off any mini burger in our family is with bacon, with the Lekue Covered Bacon cooker we were able to prepare our bacon slices with little to no mess, and without the excess grease and fat. And if you want to lady the bacon, start by cooking half-way, then add a sprinkling of brown sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup and finish cooking. We topped our burgers off with the Bacon Aioli from the Terrapin Ridge Farm Bacon Lovers Pack…. SOOOO good!!!
This dish is perfect for serving up a platter at any summer holiday gathering, party, dinner, or entertaining event.
Ready to try it?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 strips of bacon (cooked)
- cheddar cheese, cubed or sliced
1. Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the bacon and cheese) in a bowl.
2. Form the meat mixture into 1” meatballs and place in the preheated air fryer (you can bake in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer, but we highly recommend!).
3. Cook according to fryer instructions, we cooked our meatballs for 10 minutes on medium/high.
4. While the mini burgers are frying, cook the bacon. I love the Lekue Bacon Cooker, because I can cook the bacon in the microwave.
4. Once the mini burgers are done cooking, remove from fryer and top with cheese and bacon, using a toothpick to hold ingredients together.
6. Serve on a platter with bacon aioli and hot pepper bacon jam.