Upgrade your classic pizza by adding savory pesto and juicy red tomatoes. This will become a family favorite in no time!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
12 cherry tomatoes with stems
1 tbs. plus 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
All purpose flour, for dusting
Two 8-oz. balls pizza dough
1/2 cup pesto
6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese (preferably buffalo)
4 tbs. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and a second rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lay tomatoes on the Curtis Stone 14-inch Jumbo Deep Dish Pizza Pan and drizzle with 1 tbs. oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast tomatoes on center rack in oven 10 minutes, or until tender and begin to brown. Set aside.
- Stretch out 1 dough ball with floured hands, or roll it out on floured work surface, until it is about 13 inches in diameter. Place dough on the Curtis Stone 13-inch Crisper Pan.
- Spread 1/4 cup pesto over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Arrange half of roasted tomatoes over pizza. Tear mozzarella into long stringy pieces and scatter half of them over pizza. Sprinkle 2 tbs. Parmesan cheese over pizza.
- Bake pizza on bottom rack for 12 minutes, or until bottom is crisp and deep golden brown and cheese has melted and become pale golden on top.
- Scatter half of basil leaves over pizza. Drizzle with 2 tsp. oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat to make a second pizza.