With the weather outside staying in the low numbers and kids back in school, there’s one thing we crave- comfort food! Even as recently as last week, the dreaded cold virus made its way through our house and it was the same… craving the comforts of something warm, namely chicken noodle soup.
Curb that Comfort Food Craving!
Here’s the thing, it’s also the beginning of the year and we’re sticking with a healthier regimen in the kitchen, thankfully though, with our Kitchen HQ Speed Grater, it only took minutes to get our veggies prepped AND we made a healthy swap too! Instead of traditional noodles, we were able to add zoodles, and warmed us from the inside out with our chicken zoodle soup!
The flavor is rich and hearty, and with the zucchini “noodles”, we didn’t even miss the noodles! We all had bowls full of nutrient rich vegetables and it had us feeling better in no time. Ready to make your own healthy swap? Try this chicken zoodle soup recipe below!
To really bring up the comfort level for my kiddos, we made buttermilk biscuits as well, cooked up perfectly in our Cuisinart Air Fryer! The great thing with this little appliance on our counter, is that we can use it as a toaster oven or air fryer, for healthier recipes that are ready-to-eat quickly.
If you don’t want to make biscuits from scratch, any can of biscuits will do, just cook them for about 5 minutes at 360 degrees. If you want a from scratch buttermilk biscuit recipe, keep reading below as well!
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini “noodles”
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Starfri Multipot over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme and rosemary until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, bay leaf and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Stir in zucchini noodles; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary or thyme and parsley, if desired.
Air Fryer Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 1/2 C Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 C Butter
- 2 1/4 C Buttermilk
- Combine butter and flour is a mixing bowl and fold together. Keep doing this until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the buttermilk and using a fork mix well.
- Flour your hands and then using your hands make the mixture into a dough ball.
- Roll out the dough and use biscuit cutters to make biscuits.
- Cook in the air fryer with the grill pan, making sure you don’t have them touching and that they are NOT over crowded.
- Cook each set for 8 minutes at 360f.