Don’t miss out! Free shipping on all Cricut Cartridges through June 17
» shop now
This is Kristy Day with Provo Craft. There are so many occasions where I find myself searching for a great gift bag after finding the perfect gift for a friend or loved one. And instead of spending so much money on a generic gift bag, why not create your own personalized bag to show you care.
I had so much fun with this project. I just found a simple plain bag, then I was able to use the cuttlebug to help me decorate the front by embossing the cardstock and patterned paper for a beautiful and generic look that could be used for a birthday, wedding, shower or get well present.
The Cuttlebug embossing folders I used are an Asian style and combination of blossoms, lanterns and patterns. They made for the perfect spring elegance I was looking for. Embossing gives that raised, three dimensional look that is so popular. And you don’t have to stop at decorating the front of the gift bag, get creative and emboss the tissue paper to match as well. Enjoy!
Floral Gift Bag
Time 45 minutes
Cuttlebug Die Cut and Embossing Machine
Cuttlebug Plum Blossoms Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Lanterns Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Japanese Scales Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Oriental Weave Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Mandarin Screen Embossing Folder
1 5.25”x8.5” white gift bag
Cardstock: light blue, light green, light purple, purple, olive green and cream
Cream tissue paper
Basic Grey Wisteria Stonewall Collection paper
Versa Color Sky Blue ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen
1. Using the Cuttlebug Plum Blossoms Embossing Folder emboss one 4”x6.5” blue rectangle. Roll light blue ink all over embossed piece using the ink roller. Adhere piece to gift bag where shown.
2. Using the Cuttlebug Oriental Weave Embossing Folder emboss one 6.5”x1” piece of light green cardstock. Roll olive green ink all over embossed piece using the ink roller. Adhere piece to gift bag where shown.
3. From Basic Grey Wisteria Stonewall Collection paper cut one 1.75”x5” rectangle piece. Mount piece onto light purple cardstock, trim leaving a small edge around. Adhere entire piece onto gift bag where shown.
4. Using the Cuttlebug Lanterns Embossing Folder emboss image onto 4”x5.5” rectangles of olive green, purple, light purple, cream, and light green cardstocks. Cut out each piece from olive green cardstock. Cut out 2 lanterns of your choice from purple, cream, light green, and light purple cardstocks. Adhere each lantern onto the coordinating lantern on the olive green pieces. Adhere to gift bag where shown.
5. Using the Cuttlebug Mandarin Screen Embossing Folder emboss one 2.25”x2.75” piece of purple cardstock. Adhere piece to olive green cardstock and trim leaving a small edge. To create tag, punch a hole in the top of rectangle piece. Attach to bag using blue tulle.
6. Using the Cuttlebug Japanese Scales Embossing Folder emboss the cream tissue paper for inside bag by folding it up into a size that will fit in folder and running it through the machine.
More from Provo Craft:
» Shop all Provo Craft, including Cricut machines
» More craft projects and tips