Pesto-Glazed Chicken Breast with Spaghetti
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Make-Ahead: The pesto can be made 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 bunches fresh basil leaves (about 1 1/2 cups lightly packed)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Chicken and Spaghetti:
3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
9 oz. dried spaghetti
2 tbs. coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, for garnish
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
2 tbs. torn basil leaves, for garnish
To make the pesto:
- Using the Curtis Stone Bump and Grind or another large mortar and pestle, smash garlic into a coarse puree. Add basil and pound until it is coarsely chopped. Mix in cheese. Add nuts and smash to break them up. Slowly mix in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To cook the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In the Curtis Stone 12-inch Frypan, heat 1 tbs. of oil over high heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for about 2 minutes per side, or just until golden brown but not yet cooked through.
- Remove the pan from heat. Spread pesto over top of chicken breasts. Transfer pan to oven and bake chicken for about 8 minutes, or until it is just cooked through.
Meanwhile, to cook pasta:
- Fill the Curtis Stone 4.5-quart Stock Pot with salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking, for about 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Return reserved pasta water to the stock pot and set over medium heat. Whisk in 1 tbs. of oil to blend well. Add spaghetti and parsley and toss to coat.
- Using a two-pronged carving fork, swirl some of the pasta around the fork. Slide pasta off fork and mound it in the center of a plate. Repeat for each serving.
- Cut each chicken breast crosswise and on a slight diagonal into 4 slices. Arrange chicken slices alongside spaghetti. Garnish with pine nuts, cheese, and basil. Drizzle remaining 1 tbs. oil over and serve.