My family and I are big breakfast fans… we LOVE to try breakfast recipes and of course, have an arsenal of favorites. The thing is, we don’t always have time to whip up our favorites on a regular basis.
Lately though, we’ve been experimenting with our Philips Starfish AirFryer, and you guys, it CUTS THE COOKING TIME WAY DOWN. And yes, I’m using all caps because meals that would cook for 30 minutes can cook in 5-10 minutes. What a difference!!
While I thought the AirFryer was good for things like chicken dinner (and it so is), it took me awhile to realize how incredible it can be to get any other meal on the table as well… and fast! From breakfast, to lunch, appetizers and fried dishes (where you want to cut out the extra fat from oil frying), the AirFryer is my new kitchen best friend.
With all that said, here is one of our new go-to breakfast dishes that we LOVE (with a flaky crust and everything), cooked up in our Phillips Starfish AirFryer of course!
2 tablespoons milk
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 large egg, beaten
1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
3⁄4 cup fresh spinach leaves
Salt and pepper
1. In a food processor, combine milk, flour, butter and salt. Pulse until a ball of dough is formed. Place on a smooth surface and knead the dough until it is smooth. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese, and stir to mix.
3. Preheat Airfryer to 360°F. In a sauté pan on medium-high heat, add oil to pan. Sauté chopped onions until translucent. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes longer, until wilted. When cool, squeeze excess water from spinach/onion mixture and add to cottage cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Divide the dough into four equal parts. Roll each into a round large enough to cover the bottom of a 3- or 4-ounce ramekin. Line the ramekins with the dough. Fill each ramekin with a quarter of the spinach/cheese filling.
5. Place the quiches into the cooking basket and slide into the Airfryer. Cook for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Can be served at room temperature or cold.