New York Fashion Designer Bibhu Mohapatra and Style Legend Iris Apfel to introduce exclusive pieces as part of the HSN collection for the highly anticipated new film, Murder on the Orient Express
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA – October 26, 2017 – Leading entertainment and lifestyle retailer, HSN, an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (NYSE: HSNI), announced today a partnership with 20th Century Fox to create an apparel and home collection inspired by FOX Studios’ upcoming Murder on the Orient Express film, in theaters on November 10th. Customers will be able to shop the collection during an exclusive shopping event on HSN on November 2nd.
“As we invest in and expand our opportunities to integrate entertainment into the HSN shopping experience, we are excited to engage new designers and partners to further elevate HSN’s collections,” noted Bill Brand, HSN president. “The lavish themes in Murder on the Orient Express have inspired HSN’s designers to create eclectic collections using beautiful fabrics and colors that capture the extravagant lifestyles of the characters in the film.”
“We love HSN’s passion for programming around film. This is our biggest program to date with them and we couldn’t be more excited,” said Zachary Eller, Executive Vice President, Marketing Partnerships, 20th Century Fox. “HSN has this incredible capacity to help us to drive awareness and interest for our theatrical event by engaging interesting designers and collaborators to bring their vision to a partnership. And their ability to drive excitement with their passionate fans and consumers is impressive.”
New York Fashion and Costume Designer, Bibhu Mohapatra, is launching his first collection with HSN as part of the movie assortment, with trendy apparel and accessories inspired by the different thematic elements in the film. Each piece of outerwear is lined with a beautiful art deco print featuring Mohapatra’s signature.
“I am so excited about my collaboration with Fox studio’s Murder on the Orient Express and HSN,” said Bibhu. “As a part of this collaboration I have created an exclusive capsule collection of faux fur outerwear, dresses, skirts, blouses, and accessories like scarves and leather gloves. I had the opportunity of working with all the research materials from the beautiful movie and with much of my own research on the amazing cast, the dynamics of the film, it’s over all look and its pace. It is one of my favorite works from Agatha Christie and it truly an honor to be a part of this new incarnation of the story.”
As part of Iris Apfel’s collection, she will be introducing inspired luggage in vintage inspired fabric, lined with Iris Apfel’s signature throughout the interior. Piecing together the rich landscapes and sophisticated décor in Murder on the Orient Express, HSN designers created an exclusive holiday collection, with an assortment across home, fashion, jewelry, beauty and more. The collection features everything one could need while living life on the fast track, including:
- Sophisticated apparel including a faux fur bolero cape and accessories, Bibhu Mohapatra;
- Era-inspired jewelry including a stylish pin inspired by the train from the film and a Mongolian fur collection as part of her home assortment, Iris Apfel;
- Opulent, vintage-style jewelry and timepieces, Heidi Daus;
- Meticulously designed accessory pieces including the Zardosi Crest Scarf, which features an embroidered crest pulled from the film, Clever Carriage;
- Leather handbags and footwear assortment inspired by the time period, Patricia Nash;
- Beautiful, etched glassware capturing , Waterford;
- The ‘Perfect Lip & Eye Set’ to create a 1930s inspired look as part of an exclusive HSN set, LANCOME;
- Luggage and tapestry collections including pieces inspired by vintage steamer trunks turned into luggage, Destinations;
- Delicate, feminine fragrance in a carefully crafted glass bottle,
HSN will be launching a Murder on the Orient Express digital storefront on HSN.com on October 26, featuring clips from the film and an assortment of exclusive products.
For more information and to shop the collection beginning October 26, please visit www.hsn.com and join the conversation @HSN on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, using the #OrientExpressMovie hashtag.