What recipe could be better during the holiday season than this incredible herb stuffing?! Bursting with flavor in every bite, your family and friends will be begging for you to make this year-round.
Mom’s Herb Stuffing
Serves 8 to 10
Make-Ahead: Unbaked stuffing can be made up to 6 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate. Add 10 minutes to baking time.
- 2 lb ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, plus more for coating pans
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 5 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tbs each chopped fresh oregano, sage, and thyme
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread on 2 sheet pans. Bake 20 minutes, or until dry. Cool. Maintain oven temperature.
- In heavy large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add green onions, celery, parsley, oregano, sage, thyme, and garlic; sauté 6 minutes, or until celery is tender.
- Toss bread cubes and warm vegetable mixture in very large bowl. Fold in eggs and broth. Mix in cheese.
- Butter two 8-inch round cake pans, two 9-inch square baking pans, or 13×9-inch baking pan. Transfer stuffing to pans. Cover with buttered foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 30 minutes, or until golden.