Say goodbye to your basic dinner sides, and hello to these crispy potatoes! Bursting with flavor and a delightful crunch, these little fingerlings will be a hit with everyone at the table!
Crunchy Roasted Potatoes
Serves 4 to 6
Make-Ahead: Potatoes can be steamed (through step 2) up to 2 days ahead, then cooled, covered, and refrigerated. Proceed from step 3, adding 5 extra minutes to roasting time before adding butter, rosemary, and garlic.
- 3 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, then cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs butter
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On sheet pan, arrange potatoes in even layer. Place pan in oven and pour 3 cups water over. Invert second sheet pan in offset position over pan of potatoes to mostly cover potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Transfer potatoes to colander to drain water. Meanwhile, transfer empty sheet pan to oven.
- In colander, toss potatoes with oil and 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Transfer potatoes to preheated sheet pan in oven. Roast uncovered 30 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp all over.
- Scatter butter, rosemary, and garlic all around potatoes and shake pan to coat potatoes. Roast 15 minutes longer. Toss potatoes with parsley and season with salt and pepper.