Looking for a unicorn inspired treat? We know they’re all the rage right now… as we’re seeing them show up in home decor, clothing and ALL over Pinterest! Well, we’ve got that quintessential unicorn treat all wrapped up in the perfect summer delight with this colorful unicorn ice cream that is pure magic on a cone.
It’s easy to make (no churning or ice cream machine needed), as delicious as it is pretty, and only takes a few hours before you can wow your guests or up the ante of any unicorn or rainbow party you’ve got planned!
So gather up your ingredients (the list is seriously short!) and get ready for the magic to unfold in your kitchen.
UNICORN ICE CREAM
- 2 cups whipping cream
- One 14-ouce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles or edible glitter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until peaks form (it will start to look like cool whip).
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk & vanilla into the whipped cream, and fold the whipped cream and condensed milk together until combined.
- Separate the ice cream 4 bowls. Add 4 drops of your preferred food coloring choice to each bowl and mix. Add more food coloring as needed to reach your desired color.
- Using a standard loaf pan, layer the ice cream. Place ½ of each color in the pan in big dollops. Then repeat the color layering.
- Run a butter knife or popsicle stick through the ice cream a few times in each direction to swirl the colors together just a little bit.
- Top the ice cream with sprinkles or edible glitter (because we all know unicorns are glittery).
- Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours to overnight, or until the ice cream has set up and you’re ready to serve!
Scoop up into your favorite cones and watch eyes light up. Seriously, I couldn’t scoop fast enough for my little ones! And you know, it’s ALWAYS okay to add more glitter.