Have you ever been the last to the dessert table only to find your favorite pie has already been quickly devoured with the pan licked clean? One key tip I always try to live by when I’m entertaining is to prepare more food than I think is needed, because nothing dampens the vibe of a party more than food running out… dessert included. I’ve found the slab pie to be a saving grace when preparing pie for a slew of guests; and okay, even when it’s just family too. It’s easy to put together, bakes up great and the big plus? It’s BIG, which means more pie for everyone! Talk about a winning dish!
Ready to make your own? Grab a few ingredients and get to mixing, this pie will be done before you know it, leaving the scent wafting through your house something irresistible!
Peach Slab Pie with Sugar Cookie Crumble
- 2 rectangular pieces of pie dough rolled out to approximately 11×14-inches
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups fresh sliced peaches (or two bags frozen peaches, thawed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into un-greased quarter sheet pan, pressing into corners. Crimp edges.
- In large bowl, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, seasonings and lemon juice. Stir in peaches to coat. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan. Break cookie dough half into coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over filling. (Wrap and refrigerate other half of cookie dough for another use.)
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on rack 45 minutes or until completely cooled (if you can wait that long, it smells delicious!). Cut and serve.
- Optional: Serve with vanilla ice cream. You can even mix it up with berries or apple slices instead of peaches for a twist on flavor!