It’s the time of year when you’re planning for an upcoming holiday party or family gathering. What will the main dish be? Search no further! This roasted pork recipe is the perfect addition to your table, and your guests will be sure to savor every bite! Drizzled in a delicious caramelized maple onion compote, this recipe boasts flavor and sophistication. Let’s get cooking!
ROAST RACK OF PORK WITH CARAMELIZED MAPLE ONIONS
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 2lb pork rack with 4 bones attached
- 3 yellow onions, sliced
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 4 tblsp maple sugar
- 3 tblsp sweet butter
- 3 1/3 cups apple cider
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season both sides of rack with salt and pepper 20 minutes before cooking.
- Sear in heavy saute pan with olive oil until rack is well caramelized. Set aside.
- Combine sliced onions, ginger, cinnamon, star anise and butter in a pan.
- Slowly cook until onions are well caramelized.
- Add maple sugar and cook for 2 minutes, to create the onion compote.
- Deglaze with cider, adjust salt and pepper to taste and reduce until a glaze forms.
- Completely cover rack of pork with half of onion compote.
- Transfer to roasting pan and place in oven.
- Cook at 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 150 degrees F.
- Halfway through cooking time, pour over remaining half of onion compote.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.