Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Make-Ahead: Pasta salad can be made up to 12 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 garlic cloves
2 1/4 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided
3 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
1 lb. fusilli pasta
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 lemons, finely grated zest only
- In food processor, pulse 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper until finely chopped. Add 2 cups each basil leaves and spinach and pulse about 10 times until chopped. With machine running, slowly pour in oil. Set pesto aside.
- Fill the Curtis Stone 4.5-qt Wok/Saute Pan about two-thirds full with water and season with salt. Cover and bring water to a boil.
- Place asparagus and snap peas in steamer. Place steamer on wok/saute pan. Cover and cook 2 1/2 minutes, or until vegetables are bright green and crisp-tender. Transfer vegetables to bowl of ice water to chill completely. Drain very well.
- Remove steamer from pan. Add pasta to remaining boiling water in pan. Cover and cook pasta for 9 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta in colander and rinse under cold water until pasta is cold. Drain well.
- In large serving bowl, toss pasta with pesto. Add tomatoes, lemon zest, chilled steamed vegetables, remaining basil leaves, spinach, and Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.