We are definitely fans of BBQ around here. The grill gets fired up all summer, the griddle stays busy the rest of the year, and even the crockpot delivers amazing BBQ dishes that our whole family likes!
So, no matter how you like to cook up your chicken, we’ve got a dish that will rival any game on the big screen. Serve up these pull apart BBQ chicken sliders for a game day meal, side dish or appetizer!
We use shredded roasted chicken because of the great flavor that the chicken has already. But you can easily grill or bbq some chicken if you want the extra flavor. Or toss a few chicken breasts into the crockpot with the BBQ sauce for a really simple option. There are so many ways to cook the chicken, just choose your favorite technique and then shred it!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or Simply Beyond Spray on Herbs Organic Garlic
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 12 dinner rolls or Hawaiian rolls-1 package
- 12 slices cheese or 2 cups shredded cheese, of choice
- 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 stick
- 2 cloves garlic minced or Simply Beyond Spray on Herbs Organic Garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Make the garlic butter: Add butter, to microwavable bowl and heat until melted. Spray Simply Beyond Spray on Herbs Organic Garlic and stir. Set Aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until soft, about 2 minutes. Add a few sprays of Simply Beyond Spray on Herbs Organic Garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shredded chicken, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and until everything is heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Cut the slider buns in half. Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in the baking dish. Layer half of the cheese on the bottom buns. Top with bbq chicken mixture, then layer with the remainder of the cheese. Place the top halves of the buns on top.
5. Brush the tops of the buns with the melted garlic parsley butter. Bake until the cheese melts and everything is warmed through, 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.