Rest assured, folks – we’ve got your dinner recipe for tonight right here. This quick spaghetti bolognese recipe is perfect for any night of the week, or whenever you’re in a time crunch. Tasty and delicious; they’ll think it took you hours to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Make-Ahead: Tomato mixture can be made up to 2 hours ahead, covered and kept at room temperature.
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lb. total), halved
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs. tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef (80% lean)
- 10 oz. spaghetti
- 10 basil leaves, torn (about 1/2 oz.)
- Place box grater inside medium bowl. Rub cut side of tomatoes over large holes of grater to produce pulp. Discard tomato skins. To tomato pulp, add lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, and chile. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat a Curtis Stone 12-inch Deep Dish Multipurpose Pan over high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently and crumbling beef with spoon, for 4 minutes, or until just cooked and browned. Reduce heat to medium-high and stir in tomato mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, or until Bolognese sauce has reduced by about one-fourth.
- Meanwhile, bring large heavy pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes, or until tender but still firm to bite. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens slightly and adheres to pasta. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.