Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Chicken and Grapes:
6 bone-in chicken thighs
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 shallots, halved
1 bunch red grapes on the vine, cut into clusters
5 large sprigs fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 ball burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella
Flakey sea salt
White Wine Reduction Sauce:
1 cup Littorai vin gris, dry white wine, or rosé wine
2 large thyme sprigs
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons butter
Grilled stecca bread
To roast chicken and grapes:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In heavy large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Transfer chicken to baking sheet.
- Add shallots to hot skillet, cut side down, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add shallots, grape clusters, thyme, and rosemary to pan with chicken. Transfer baking sheet to oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, to make wine reduction sauce:
- Combine wine and thyme in medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 4 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half. Add chicken stock and simmer 4 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter to blend. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cut burrata in half and arrange on platter. Surround cheese with chicken, grapes, shallots, and herbs. Drizzled sauce over chicken and grapes and serve with stecca.