New season, new recipe! These homemade Apple Pies Baked Apples are a unique way to a classic recipe. They’re easy to make, delicious and turn out oh-so-pretty. So grab your apron and give this recipe a try!
APPLE PIE BAKED APPLES
- Active Time: 2 hours
- Yields: 4 apples
- 1 premade pie crust
- 2 cups prepared apple pie filling
- 4 large, perfectly round and firm apples (Granny Smith)
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Slice off the tops of the 4 remaining apples.
- Using a corer, dig out the core. It doesn’t have to look perfect.
- Spoon the prepared apple filling into the cored-out apples.
- Roll out the pie dough and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips.
- Weave 3-4 strips on top of the apple, lattice style.
- In a small dish, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Lightly brush the tops with egg wash.
- 9 Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is browned and the filling is bubbly.