Ready to dip into the football season? Invite your friends for the big game and whip up delicious cheeseball packed with bacon and jalapeños. As a twist on the ever popular popper, it takes just minutes to make and doesn’t disappoint your cheering crowd!
In all honesty, I can be a wimp when it comes to spice and though I love the flavor, I can’t take too much of the heat. This cheeseball however, is full of game-stopping flavor, and since I removed the seeds, it’s also something I can eat up! The cream cheese cools down the jalapeño, combining it all into one amazing cheese “ball”. Feel free to adjust to your own spice preferences though of course. And really, what else is better than a football of creamy cheese and bacon?!
Side tip: If you don’t have time to fry up your bacon in a pan, try cooking it in the microwave instead! Just line a microwave safe plate with paper towel and lay out your bacon in a single layer so that it doesn’t overlap. Then lay another paper towel over top of the bacon. Up to six slices should take about 4-6 minutes to get cooked and crispy.
Jalapeno Popper Football Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, half of the jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, green onions, seasoning salt, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin until fully incorporated.
- On a large serving plate spread the cream cheese mixture onto the plate and begin to form into the shape of a football.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the jalapeño and bacon. sprinkle on top of the football shaped cheese mixture and press onto the sides.
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days… if you have any left!
So, get ready to spice up the table and score some major game day points, without spending too much time in the kitchen. I’d love to hear if you make this Jalapeno Popper Football Cheese Ball! Just share on social and tag @HSN so we can see your game day spread!