Grilled Chicken with Arugula-Zucchini Salad
I like to use the mandolin on my Chop-Chop All-in-One Prep to thinly shave the zucchini into ribbons! You can also use a julienne peeler for longer spaghetti-like strands. This is an easy, healthy and delicious swap to pasta!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Make-Ahead: Vinaigrette can be made up to 8 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated. Let vinaigrette stand at room temperature for 15 minutes and re-whisk before using.
2 tbs. finely chopped shallots
1 lemon, zest finely grated, juiced
1 tbs. coarsely chopped drained nonpareil capers
1 tbs. finely chopped pepperoncini
1 tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Chicken and Salad:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each)
1 tbs. olive oil
5 oz. baby arugula (about 8 cups not packed)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 small zucchini, ends trimmed
To make lemon-caper vinaigrette:
1. In medium bowl, whisk shallots, lemon zest, 3 tbs. lemon juice, capers, pepperoncini, parsley, and vinegar. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
To cook chicken:
1. Heat the Grill Lid of the Curtis Stone 4-qt. Multi-Function Pan over medium-high heat. Coat chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 minutes per side, or until grill marks form and chicken shows no sign of pink when pierced in thickest part. Transfer to cutting board.
Meanwhile, to assemble salad:
1. In large bowl, combine arugula and tomatoes. Lay zucchini on work surface and, using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, shave off long, thin ribbons from each side of zucchini until you reach seedy center. Add ribbons to bowl and discard seedy center of zucchini.
2. Using your hands, toss salad with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice chicken breast crosswise and transfer to 4 plates. Heap some salad alongside. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and serve.