Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Make-Ahead: Wrapped dough log can be frozen up to 2 weeks; thaw before slicing.
- 8 tbs (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- In large bowl, using electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter, sugars, and yolk 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Beat in flour. Mix in pecans. Form into 12-inch-long log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Unwrap log and cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange on 2 sheet pans.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden around edges and on bottom. Dust with powdered sugar.