A comfort food made gourmet, this Pumpkin Pancetta Mac n Cheese is the perfect, easy dish to make on a chilly, Fall weeknight. With sweet pumpkin, bold cheddar cheese, and crispy pancetta, your tastebuds will thank you.
PUMPKIN PANCETTA MAC ‘N CHEESE
- 4 cups elbow pasta
- ½ cup pancetta, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a small baking dish.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Transfer pasta to a large bowl.
3. In a small saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and pancetta. Saute until cooked and crispy. Turn off heat and let sit.
4. In a medium pot over medium heat, add Greek yogurt, milk, cheese, pumpkin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until sauce thickens.
5. Add sauce to bowl with pasta and mix well. Add in pancetta mixture and combine well. Add mixture to baking dish.
6. Combine breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle mixture over macaroni in baking dish.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for 25-30 more minutes, or until topping is crispy and browned.