Staying on track has never been easier with delicious recipes like this one! This chicken salad recipe is perfect to add to your weekly menu for your and your family! This full-flavored, yet light version was first developed by Wolfgang Puck when he opened his Chinois restaurant in Santa Monica in 1983. Who said eating healthy can’t be scrumptious?
CHINOIS CHICKEN SALAD
Yield: 6 Servings
Salad – Julienne all of the following except the mixed greens:
- 1 medium mango
- 5 cups Napa cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 head radicchio
- 4 cups mixed greens or watercress
- 3 lbs cooked skinless chicken breast – cooled
- 2 cups crisp fried wonton chips
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Chinese mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame paste
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled ginger
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients.
2. Add half the vinaigrette and taste.
3. Proceed adding more dressing a little at a time, so that salad is not overdressed.
4. Divide salad on 6 plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
1. In a blender, mix soy sauce, rice wine, Chinese mustard, egg yolk, honey, sesame paste, chopped ginger salt and pepper and chili oil.
2. Blend thoroughly.
3. Slowly add peanut oil.
4. Taste for seasoning with salt and pepper.