• Black Angus Filet Mignon
• 1 strip of applewood bacon per steak
1. Thaw frozen filets in the fridge, ideally for 24 hours. In a pinch, you can submerge in cold water for about an hour.
2. Remove filets from packaging and blot dry with a paper towel. Wrap each steak with bacon and stick a toothpick in the seam to hold it in place. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
3. Preheat a heavy skillet or grill pan over high heat. Once it’s hot, add filets and press down gently for even contact. Sear for 4-5 minutes or until filets have a golden crust. Using tongs, place filets on their side and roll to get the bacon nice and crispy. Move skillet to the preheated oven.
4. Roast filets for 4 minutes for rare, 5 minutes for medium-rare, 6 for medium and 7 for medium-well. Remove skillet from the oven.
5. Keep filets in a warm place to rest for a few minutes before serving.
6. We suggest serving each filet with roasted onions and mushrooms and a side of baked, mashed or au gratin potatoes.
(And a glass of your favorite red wine, too.)