You can also grill this squash using a stove top grill pan, or a vegetable grill rack on your barbecue. If you are using a stove top grill pan, be sure that the pan has edges, otherwise the marinade can run off and cause a mess. If using on your barbecue, be careful as the marinade may cause flare ups. Be sure and have a water filled squirt bottle on hand to take care of any flare ups.
Oven Grilled Squash
Serving Size: 6 people
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. grainy mustard
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 6 medium zucchini, cut into ¾” oval slices
1. In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar mustard, sugar, and oil.
2. Using a non-reactive bowl or large Ziploc bag, place zucchini slices in bottom and then pour marinade over cover (or seal), and let marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 400F. Remove zucchini from marinade and place in single layer on crisper tray.
4. Cook zucchini until tender, about 20 – 25 minutes.
5. Transfer to serving platter. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
6. Just before serving, finish with another squeeze of fresh lemon juice.