Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Make-Ahead: Chili can be made 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Rewarm gently, adding water to thin chili as needed.
2 tbs. canola oil
1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
4 tsp. Mexican chili powder
3 cups vegetable stock
One 14-oz. can tomato sauce
One 14-oz. can each red kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and white beans, drained, rinsed
2 ears corn, shucked
Accompaniments: Corn tortillas, diced avocado, lime wedges, chopped fresh coriander
- Heat oil in the Curtis Stone 4.5-qt. Wok/Saute Pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Stir in chili powder. Add stock and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in beans and corn kernels. Simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until chili has thickened slightly. Season with salt.
- Arrange tortillas in steamer and set steamer on wok/saute pan over chili. Cover and allow steam from chili to warm tortillas.
- Ladle chili into bowls and serve with tortillas and remaining accompaniments.