We’re celebrating the new year and always want to have a couple of drinks at the ready. Why not mix it up this year with some chocolate decadence?! Perfect for a laid back night home, an upscale event or most themed parties! If you like your chocolate fix as much as we do, we’ve got options for everyone in the family! Let us know your favorite!
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
• 1 1/2 cup milk
• 1 cup red wine
• 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
• Whipped Cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and chocolate chips. Whisking constantly until chocolate is melted into milk and you have a thick and creamy chocolate milk. Pour in red wine and heat until everything is hot. Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses and top with whipped cream.
A gloriously rich chocolate drink… for the adults to get excited about! Use a sweet, fruit wine to create a sweeter cocktail, or you can even add a couple tablespoons of sugar to sweeten the pot.
This drink is chocolatey enough that even those that don’t love wine, can have a mug and enjoy!
NYE Milk and Cookies Toast
Ready for a NYE tradition family style? Have a milk and cookies toast at midnight! Of course, you can drink whatever you’d like, but I know how special it feels even to just have a glass of milk in a fancy glass.
As much as my kids would absolutely appreciate a cookie topped sip, so would my friends! If you really want a spiked version, start with 3 ounces of Baileys Espresso and add 1.5 ounces of Spiced Rum before you top with milk.
Iced Coffee Mocha with Mini Doughnuts
- 5 ounces cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce (optional)
- whipped cream
- mini donuts
- Pour cold brewed coffee into an ice filled glass. Stir together the sweetened condensed milk, milk and vanilla. Then pour a bit of the milk mixture over top of each glass. Top with whipped cream if desired and place a straw through a mini doughnut and into each glass. Serve and enjoy!
As the hours wane into the night, give a little pep with caffeine! This one is a dessert coffee drink and perfect for a late night game time pick me up before you ring in the new year.
I like to line the glasses with some chocolate sauce and add a dollop to the bottom of the glass to sweeten as I stir.
What about you, do you have any chocolatey and decadently rich chocolate drink ideas for the new year? I’d love to hear! And whatever you do, stay safe and happy celebrating!