With the turn of the holiday season comes plenty of parties and family get togethers. There are many ways to add flare to your holiday get togethers, but one of my favorite has to be creating signature drinks! Even if you want to keep the menu low key and opted for laid back decorating style, this is something relatively simple that anyone can pull together to pack a big punch at your next gathering (okay, pun intended).
Today I am going to share three of my signature drinks that are perfect for the upcoming holiday season. What’s great about these recipes is that you can make them as I do, or by simply swapping out an ingredient or two you can add your own twist!
Holiday Harvest Punch
What’s better than a signature drink is creating a signature punch! When you make it up in batch form, you’ll be ready to serve multiple guests at once and you’ll find it makes it easy on you. In fact, set out your punch and glasses and let your guests serve themselves.
- Apple Cider
- Ginger Ale
- Cranberry Juice
1. The ratio of this punch is 1 part apple cider, 1 part ginger ale, and a half part of cranberry juice. You can make as little or as much as you need, just continue with this ratio!
2. If you like your punch spiked, just swap the ginger ale for sparkling wine or hard cider, or ad vodka to the punch as is!
3. Mix your ingredients and top your punch with frozen cranberries, sliced apples and to really kick it up a notch, run a slice of lime over your glass rims and dip in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Dulce de Leche Coffee
Need a party-pick-up or an after dinner coffee drink? I love serving coffee with dessert and this Dulce de Leche Coffee recipe is always a winner!
- 4 cups Brewed Coffee
- 6 ounces Dulce De Leche
- 6 Tablespoons Kahlua, optional
1. Brew your coffee as you normally would, and while it’s still hot, add Dulce de Leche; stir until completely dissolved and combined. Keep coffee hot.
2. Add 1 tablespoon Kahlua to each coffee cup. Or if you really want to kick it up, add whiskey or brandy.
3. Pour the coffee/dulce de leche mixture into each glass over the alcohol. Top with whipped cream, grated chocolate, chocolate covered espresso beans or even a drizzle of caramel.
Okay, maybe you don’t even need the dessert… this is coffee AND dessert in one.
Creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Serving a crowd on a chilly day? Nothing warms and comforts like a steaming hot cocoa. This creamy crockpot version is a total crowd pleaser. It’s rich, smooth and delicious! Plus, it’s easy for you to make, just toss the ingredients in the crockpot and let it take care of the rest.
- 1.5 cups whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
1. Stir together the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a crockpot.
2. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted. Stir again before serving.
3. Keep an array of hot cocoa toppings nearby for guests to customize their creamy cup of chocolaty goodness!
So, what about you? Do you have a favorite or signature drink you love serving this holiday season?