Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Make-Ahead: Pimiento cheese can be made up to 5 days ahead, covered and refrigerated.
4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated on small holes of box grater
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise, divided
1/4 cup drained jarred pimientos, finely chopped
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Four 5-oz. frozen beef burger patties
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbs. buttermilk
4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In medium bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, 4 tsp. mayonnaise, pimientos, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Set pimiento cheese aside.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Season patties with salt and pepper. Grill frozen patties about 4 minutes. Turn patties over and grill about 4 minutes for medium-rare doneness. During last minute of cooking, place about 3 tbs. pimiento cheese over each patty and cover grill to melt cheese.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss cabbage and onion with remaining mayonnaise and buttermilk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mound slaw on bun bottoms. Top with patties and bun tops and serve.