My kids are like little bunnies, hopping along and always ready for the next, meal, snack or treat! When it comes to springtime and Easter, they are just THAT much more excited.
I love a great recipe to surprise them with, that comes together in just a few short minutes, and this super yummy Bunny Rice Krispie treat doesn’t disappoint! This is the perfect snack for Easter for the kids and adults in your whole family, great for gatherings, brunch, dessert or even just an after school treat this spring. So be sure to give it a try this year!
Sometimes, it’s the simplest of things that bring all those nostalgic memories rushing back. Rice crispy treats are always that way for me. For spring though, we wanted to take it up a notch and add a bit of whimsy.
For ours, I kept the recipe simple and classic with our BEST Rice Krispie recipe ever, that gives you a deliciously gooey treat every time, without the hard edges. What I really love about rice krispie treats is that you can add so much to change up the flavor and give a nod to the season too!
Start with the basics:
Rice Krispie Cereal
Some fun additions:
Graham cracker + chocolate = Smores
M&Ms (so great in seasonal colors!)
Frosted Animal Cookies
Candied chocolate (melted to dip in)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 6 cups of Rice Krispie Cereal
- Slowly melt the butter in a saucepan, low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add vanilla and 6 cups of marshmallows. Melt the marshmallows slowly.
- Right before the marshmallows are fully melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows are starting to melt. (we don’t want them fully melt so you will have a lumpy fluff)
- Add the Rice Krispie Cereal. Stir until the cereal is fully coated with the marshmallow fluff.
- Dump into a greased dish or pan. Use a greased spatula to spread out and lightly press down (you don’t want them to so compacted that they become hard).
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.
We had a wee bit of the mix left, so we decided to make a few fun Smores Krispie treat pops with it! So back in the pan it went to keep warm and add in some crushed graham cracker and chocolate syrup. Once it was all mixed up, I just placed in a greased cake pop pan and let cool. With some cute straws, these came together so deliciously and ready to eat!