Dates out aren’t always easy to come by. Between factoring costs for a night out and childcare, schedules and more, there are times staying home just seems the easier route. That fact doesn’t nullify the need to break away from our usual evening routine of getting kids in bed and sitting on the couch together while I work on my laptop and he rubs my neck… not that it’s a bad situation to begin with, but seriously, a date away from the electronics is even better! And truly, every relationship needs that time to spend together.
We’ve got a way to mix it up and make the most of that time you do have, together.
Since it’s now warm enough for an some time under the stars, or even better, a day date in the warm sunshine, why not pack up a picnic with a bit of French inspiration and indulge in some star gazing, or bird watching.
And even if you’re not up for heading into the great outdoors, create your own floor picnic in front of a roaring fire, or at least a favorite movie!
Here are a few of my favorite items for a perfect picnic together:
1. Everything is better when carried in a pretty basket and our Willow Picnic Basket holds everything we need for the perfect picnic date and already comes with service for two!
2. Use rose gold accessories as much as possible… it pairs well with a all of your treats and delicious cheeses. I love this carafe from Food & Wine!
3. Give the evening a boost while sipping on a refreshing glass of Rosé, opened with a rose gold bottle opener of course.
5. You don’t really even need bread, but this is all about a romantic picnic, so why not pick up a French loaf. Also, I personally just love bread and it always makes a night better.
6. Nuts, dried fruits and figs are always a great addition to a cheese plate, and something spreadable is always delicious!
7. When putting together a cheese tray for your day out, night in (or in the backyard), either opt for your favorite cheese option or mix it up with a variety of hard and soft cheeses and from different types to milk… check out this post on how to craft the perfect cheese tray for a few delicious ideas. But really, if you know you each have a favorite, stick with that 😉
8. What to wear? A comfy dress with a great silhouette. These are still totally trending, comfortable and just absolutely cute. I loved this Eva Longoria Crepe Asymmetric Midi Dress and carried along my gorgeous Sam Edelman Giuliana Straw Tote for a few personal essentials. You can either skip the shoes and run out barefoot or slide into a cute pair sandals like these Steven Natural Comfort Kart Woven Sport Slides to tie the look together. And if you’re going out for some time in the sun, don’t forget the sunnies! I love my Tahari Round Glam Metal Sunglasses in Rose Gold!
What’s your idea of a perfect picnic date?