There’s nothing like a romantic occasion to make a dinner in. Now, don’t get me wrong, usually date-night calls for a night-out, but for Valentine’s Day there’s something extra special about staying in and avoiding the crowds.
So, along with the great wine you have saved for the occasion (and with it you need the Wolfgang Puck Wine Tool set in your life, it makes opening a bottle and pouring a glass so easy!) finger foods are such a perfect way to stay romantic… I mean, you can even feed each other!
I think the beauty of staying home, means that you can elevate something that’s laid back and simple and truly enjoy a delicious dish and time spent together… without spending a ton of time on clean up either.
Pizza is a favorite of ours on every level, but when you can make it at home, and EASILY in an air fryer… and of course when it’s a white pizza – basically it’s a jackpot!
Air Fryer White Pizza
- Olive oil
- 1 (6-8 ounce) pizza dough ball
- 4 ounces burrata cheese
- ½ cup grated or balls of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated or fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 390ºF.
- Cut out a piece of aluminum foil the same size as the bottom of the air fryer basket. Spray the foil circle with olive oil. Shape the dough into a circle and place it on top of the foil. Dock the dough by piercing it several times with a fork. Spray or brush the dough lightly with olive oil and transfer it into the air fryer basket with the foil on the bottom.
- Air-fry the plain pizza dough for 4 minutes. Turn the dough over, remove the aluminum foil and brush again with olive oil, air-fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Lay the burrata cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the dough and drizzle with olive oil. Lower the temperature of the air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes, until cheese has melted and is lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
To top off a romantic evening, what is better than chocolate? Well, maybe chocolate in the shape of hearts along with strawberries!! SO good. And guess what? These can be cooked up in the air fryer as well… especially our Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven, because it has plenty of room.
Air Fryer Brownies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup flour, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- cooking spray
- Beat together egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla until light.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in flour and cocoa.
- Spray 6” x 6” baking pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread batter in pan and cook at 330°F for 11 to 13 minutes. Cool before cutting.
If you don’t quite feel like baking on your own, you can also opt for the 12 Count Sweet Lover’s Assorted Whoopie Pies, because then you have a flavor that everyone is sure to love. I mean, that Red Velvet Whoopie Pie is calling my name!!
So tell us, do you have Valentine’s Day plans yet? Let us know if you give one of these recipes a try!