Hi Everyone! I’m am thrilled to be here on HSN showing you how to make this beautiful card using some of my fantastic new products. I’ve used some of the dies and different types of papers that are part of the Together Forever range, which is one of my new Signature Collections available here at HSN. The great thing about each of my Signature Collections is that all of the pieces in each range are designed to work together so you can create gorgeous cards quickly and easily! I’ve also used the new Gemini Electronic Die-cutting & Embossing Machine by Crafter’s Companion. This machine is like no other on the market, and I’m certain you will agree. You can get all the product information and see live demo’s here on HSN.
Now let’s get on to having some creative fun, shall we! In just a few easy steps, you can make this stunning shaker card that will WOW your friends. The Together Forever collection is ideal for creating wedding day cards or invitations, but you can switch up the papers and sentiment for practically any theme or occasion.
Celebrate Shaker Card
Create a beautiful greeting card that is both elegant and interactive.
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Finished Card Size: 5 1/2” x 5 1/2”
Gemini Electronic Die-cutting & Embossing Machine
The Ultimate Crafter’s Companion Tool
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – Forever In My Heart Decorative Metal Die
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – Champagne Flute Decorative Metal Die
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – Celebrate Decorative Metal Die
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – 6” x 6” Paper Pad
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – Luxury Matt Mirror Card
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – A4 Luxury Foiled Card Pad
Sara Davies Signature Collection Together Forever – Printed Vellum Pack
Crafter’s Companion Shimmering Cardstock – Pearl White
Clear Acetate Sheet
Crafter’s Companion Adhesive Tape Runner
Double-Sided Dimensional Foam Adhesive
- Using The Ultimate Crafter’s Companion and white cardstock, create a 5 1/2” square card base.
- Using the Gemini machine, Silver Matt Mirror Cardstock and Pearl White Shimmering Cardstock, die-cut and emboss the Champagne Flute and Celebrate Metal Dies. Set aside.
- Cut one 1 1/4” x 5 1/2” strip from Foiled Card Pad, one 1” x 5 1/2” strip from 6” x 6” Paper Pad, and one 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” panel from Gold Matt Mirror cardstock. Adhere strips to panel with adhesive tape runner. Using the Gemini machine and the outside cutting heart from the Forever In My Heart Metal Die set, die-cut a heart window.
- Using the adhesive tape runner, adhere a piece of clear acetate to the backside of the heart window.
- On the backside of the panel, use double-sided dimensional foam adhesive to create a “frame” around the heart window. Make sure there are no gaps between the foam adhesive pieces. Add additional foam adhesive to the other areas on the back of the panel. Tie silver cording around panel. TIP: If you want to use thick/chunky “shaker filling”, make the frame higher by doubling the layers of all the foam adhesive pieces.
- Adhere a piece of the Printed Vellum (about 4” x 4”) to the front of the white card base. The vellum will be showing through the heart window. Place sequins on top of vellum, making sure it will not be in the way of the foam adhesive on the back of the window panel.
- Attach the window panel to front of card. Press firmly around the window area to make sure it is adhered securely to the card front.
- Glue “Celebrate” die-cut piece to front of card. Attach champagne flute die-cut piece to front of card with dimensional foam adhesive. Glue on a few sequins to embellish.