Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Make-Ahead: The hot chocolate mixture can be made 1 day ahead, cooled, covered, and refrigerated. Cover and rewarm over medium-low heat before serving. The whipped cream can be made 2 hours ahead, covered and refrigerated.
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (bittersweet or semisweet), chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In the Curtis Stone 2.5-quart sauce pan, combine the milk, amaretto and sugar and bring to a near simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the chocolate, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes, or until the chocolate melts. Whisk the melted chocolate into the hot milk mixture to blend and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Place one scoop of ice cream in each of four bowls. Pour the hot chocolate mixture over the ice cream and top with the whipped cream. Serve immediately with spoons.