When summer storms send our grilling plans indoors we can still enjoy these BBQ Chicken Kabobs! This sweet and tangy chicken kabobs recipe is prepared with a halogen oven. Small but mighty, my halogen oven cuts the regular cook time of most recipes in half. It also is a healthier, low-fat method for preparing some of our favorite baked, fried, and grilled dishes. Grab a skewer and enjoy!
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
For the Chicken Kabobs:
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 2 pounds raw boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place all BBQ sauce ingredients in the order listed into mixing bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Coat the chicken with half of the sauce in a mixing bowl (reserve remaining sauce for serving).
- Once coated divide the chicken pieces between eight 6-inch skewers.
- Place chicken kebobs on the top rack of the halogen oven fitted with the extender ring and place temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, turning kabobs over half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from heat and serve with reserved BBQ Sauce.
What else will you add to these BBQ chicken kabobs?