For this July 4th make your grilling game even better with sweet and savory roasted chicken legs. These chicken legs are moist and flavorful with a marinade of soy sauce, ginger, sweet chili sauce and other special ingredients. Use drumettes in this recipe for easy finger foods at your 4th of July celebration or use large chicken legs for that perfect family meal.
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of one lemon, lime, and orange
- 1 Tbs. sweet chili sauce (or hot sauce if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (or more to taste)
- 2 dozen chicken legs (usually found in a large family pack in your grocery store)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the first five ingredients together until the brown sugar is dissolved. Add more ingredients to your taste, making it sweeter, hotter, more citrusy, etc.
- In a large container or plastic bag, add the marinade to the chicken legs. Let marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat the Char-Broil Big Easy on medium.
- Arrange the legs on the leg racks and attach to the roasting rack. Cook on high for 20-30 minutes until an instant read thermometer reads at least 165 degrees. Check throughout the cooking so that the skin doesn’t burn. Season with salt and pepper for taste.
What classic 4th of July dish do you think goes best with these roasted chicken legs?