The saying goes “The best way to someone’s heart is usually through their stomach,” so with these heart-shaped, red velvet brownies we have your bases covered. Whip up this easy brownies recipe in our mess-free heart-mold baker and soon the loving smell of cocoa will be in the air. If you need more Valentine’s Day recipes or baking ideas and the helpful hardware to pull of the job, we can also help you make cake bites, mini whoopie pies, old-fashioned donuts, and cupcakes.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red food coloring (add more for greater coloring)
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ melted chocolate
- Powdered sugar (optional topping)
- In a bowl add your melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and mix together by hand or with an electric beater at medium speed.
- After blended, add in your cocoa powder, and your red food coloring to personal hue preference. Continue to mix.
- When your batter has its new red tint you can add in your flour.
- Once your batter is ready simply spoon it into your ungreased Holstein Heart-Shaped brownie maker and bake for 7 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or a small pan placed over a pot of gently simmering water. Be sure to stir the mixture constantly. Butter and chocolate may also be melted together in a microwave, stirring the mixture every 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour the melted chocolate on your finished brownies, dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
Melting the butter instead of creaming it with sugar will give you a fudgier brownie, and red food coloring gel creates a brighter, bolder hue than liquid colorings.
What toppings would you serve on these brownies?