In every family there are traditions, especially during the holiday season. One tradition that I started about 10 years ago was to make a handmade Christmas home décor piece for my mother. She has told me many times that she looks forward to what I make for her every year, and can’t wait to put the different pieces out to display. This year I fell in love with the 3D Digital ornaments that are included in the HSN Cricut Mini personal cutter bundle. These images are so easy to work with, and I loved the 3 dimensional look and feel that they gave my project. This cute little framed 3D ornament can be hung on the wall or placed in an easel as the centerpiece on a table. I can’t wait to give this little gift to my mother. I hope you give this project a try, it was fun, simple, and really adds a unique flair to any holiday décor setting.
Framed Christmas Ornament
Add a festive element to your home décor with this frame!
Skill Level: Beginner
Time 1 hour
Cricut Mini™ Electronic Cutting Machine
Cricut Craft Room™ Exclusives, 3D Ornaments
Echo Park Season’s Greetings Collection
Krylon Glitter Blast Spray Paint: Cherry Bomb
Cardstock: green, red, gold glitter
5″ x 7″ Frame
3D Ornaments digital images
seven 3.5″ round ornaments
3.5″ round ornament top
1. Spray paint the frame. Let dry.
2. Cut one 5″ x 7″ block of patterned paper. Place in frame.
3. Cut two ornaments from green cardstock, two from red cardstock, and three from patterned paper. Score each down the middle. Fold and adhere together as shown. Adhere ornament to frame as shown.
4. Cut ornament top. Cut in half. Fold prongs down and adhere to ornament as shown.
5. Tie a bow and adhere to top of ornament.
More from Jinger Adams and Provo Craft:
» Shop all Provo Craft, including Cricut machines
» More craft projects and tips from Jinger Adams