Get into the holiday spirit with our HSN hosts! Check out some of their favorite memories, dishes, movies/songs – and most importantly, find out who starts their holiday shopping early & who waits until the very last-minute.
Post YOUR answers on social and share photos using #GiftHappy for a chance to be featured on-air! See more photos from this year’s holiday host photo shoot on Facebook.
1. Real or Faux Christmas Tree?
- Colleen Lopez: Real, old fashioned Christmas tree with colored lights!
- Suzanne Runyan: Real!
- Helen Keaney: Real tree, of course! My uncle was a Christmas tree farmer.
- Brett Chukerman: Real tree
- Alyce Caron: Faux tree
- Anji Corley: Faux tree for me – must be eco-friendly!
- Kathy Wolf: Why can’t it be both? Colin Cowie faux (stronger branches in my living room) and real in my family room!
- Tamara Hooks: Faux
- Lynn Murphy: Real
2. Favorite holiday dish?
- Shivan Sarna: Sweet potatoes! Baked and then with butter – simple and delicious! I eat them throughout the year and it always feels like a holiday…
- Kathy Wolf: Stuffing, mine takes three days of prep to make it perfect and it’s yummy!!
- Shannon Fox: Green bean casserole
- Colleen Lopez: My husband Carlos’ Mexican feast
- Tamara Hooks: Macaroni and Cheese
- Lynn Murphy: Homemade stuffing
3. Snow: love it or dread it?
- Guy Yovan: LOVE snow!
- Marlo Smith: I grew up in Miami so I love it!
- Brett Chukerman: Dread it!
- Shannon Smith: Love it! Although the 14-15 inches at a time I got for Christmas last year in Minnesota was a little “overkill.” J
- Anji Corley: Snow…love it if I don’t live in it.
- Kathy Wolf: It’s Florida… no snow… ever so if I say I love it know that’s based on never having to drive or live in it.
- Lynn Murphy: Love it… if I don’t have to drive.
4. Favorite Christmas gift ever?
- Amy Morrison: My engagement ring from my husband
- Kathy Wolf: Anything homemade or from the heart
- Shannon Fox: Rock Tumbler
- Lynn Murphy: My engagement ring
5. Favorite holiday dessert?
- Helen Keaney: Love eating and making Christmas cookies for desert!
- Amy Morrison: Pumpkin pie
- Alyce Caron: Peppermint ice cream with Oreo cookie crumbles
- Marlo Smith: Peppermint Bark
- Anji Corley: My Mom’s apple pie and Aunt Liz’s bread pudding
- Lesley Machado: Sweet potato pie
- Kathy Wolf: Wolfgang Puck’s Brandy-infused apple pie; it’s worth the extra time it takes to prepare.
- Tamara Hooks: Sweet Potato Pie
- Lynn Murphy: My mom’s crumbled apple pie and vanilla ice cream
6. Christmas morning tradition?
- Helen Keaney: Bagels and lox Christmas morning… a very Jewish Christmas because I’m half and half.
- Anji Corley: Christmas music playing throughout the house, yummy warm cinnamon rolls, watching the Yule log on TV and ripping the paper off the gifts and then laying in the middle of the pile for a snapshot.
- Kathy Wolf: Presents revealed on Christmas AM – no one comes out until the lights are on the tree and the music is playing and the cameras are set to catch that first reaction as the kids see their presents for the first time (yes, they are 19 and 16 years old now).
- Tamara Hooks: Waking up early and taking my blanket downstairs to sleep under the Christmas tree waiting for Mom to wake up…we weren’t allowed to open presents until Mom was awake.
- Lynn Murphy: Church with family
7. Late or early holiday shopper?
- Suzanne Runyan: I used to be late but realized it was too much pressure so now when I see something someone will really love I get it even if it’s the middle of summer!
- Alyce Caron: I shop year-round!!!!
- Marlo Smith: Early shopper
- Shivan Sarna: Early holiday shopper! I think about what I am giving to my friends and family all year!
- Bobbi Ray Carter: 12 month/year shopper!!!
- Kathy Wolf: Both, I shop year-round but always have last-minute gifts to purchase.
- Carrie Smith: Early – pick things up throughout the entire year for my loved ones.
- Tamara Hooks: Early!
- Lynn Murphy: Believe it or not, late!
8. Favorite Christmas song?
- Amy Morrison: Jingle Bells… my son and I sing it all year long!
- Guy Yovan: Little Drummer Boy
- Marlo Smith: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus!
- Bobbi Ray Carter: The First Noel, of course, for my beautiful daughter Noelle!
- Lesley Machado: Santa Baby or Walking in a Winter Wonderland.
- Kathy Wolf: Little Drummer Boy
Tamara Hooks: O Holy Night…by any artist.
- Lynn Murphy: Little Drummer Boy
9. Favorite Christmas movie?
- Shannon Fox: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
- Suzanne Runyan: A Christmas Story
- Guy Yovan: A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim version)
- Shivan Sarna: It’s a Wonderful Life – I cry every time. It makes me think about what I am doing on the planet and how much I am thankful for the good people that have impacted mine.
- Bobbi Ray Carter: White Christmas
- Shannon Smith: Cliché, but it has to be Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
- Kathy Wolf: The one with Heat Miser (The Year Without a Santa Claus)
- Carrie Smith: No brainer… National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Watching it at my house is an annual tradition. “Save the neck for me, Clark!”
- Lynn Murphy: It’s a Wonderful Life
Post YOUR answers on social and share photos using #GiftHappy for a chance to be featured on-air!