Your family will feel loved every time they read the inspiring quotes inside each square of this decorative shadow box.
1. Purchase a blank shadowbox, or create your own. We made ours using the Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine.
2. Select papers for your project. Measure each square and use a paper trimmer to cut paper to size. Place the papers inside each section to test for a proper fit, but do not adhere. Remove paper from each section for decorating.
3. Square One – Print and trim a photo so that it is slightly smaller than the first paper square. Adhere the photo to the paper. Tie a ribbon around the square and accent the bow with a button tied with string.
* All of the stickers used in the upcoming steps come from the Mega Sticker kit found here on HSN.
4. Square Two – Add a pink border sticker to the bottom of the paper. Use scissors to trim to size. Add name with the pink letter stickers.
5. Square Three – Locate the “good Life” scalloped circle sticker. Adhere the outer scalloped circle piece to the center of the paper square.
6. Use foam squares to adhere the “Good Life” circle sticker to the center of the scalloped circle. Wrap white cotton string around the square several times and tie in a bow.
7. Square Four – Use foam squares to adhere phrase sticker to paper square. Use scissors to trim the excess sticker so that the sticker is flush with the edges.
8. Square Five – Adhere green border sticker to the bottom of the paper square. Trim off the excess with scissors.
9. Use foam squares to adhere the typewriter sticker to the square.
10. Square Six – Adhere a 2″ wide strip of contrasting patterned paper to the paper square 1″ from the bottom edge.
11. Adhere the quote sticker to the paper square. Add pink washi take sticker to the top of the quote sticker.
12. Adhere banner stickers to a scrap piece of white cardstock. Use scissors to carefully cut out the banner.
13. Add white cotton string to several buttons. Adhere the buttons to a few of the flags of the banner with adhesive dots.
14. Adhere each paper square inside the coordinating section of the shadow box. Use adhesive dots to adhere the banner to the front of the shadow box just below the name. This is such a great way to show those in your life how cherished they really are. What special touches can you add to your home using your craft supplies?
Find Joy in the Journey!