Hi Sewing Friends,
It’s fall! Pumpkins, harvest, cool nights and football games…..it’s time to gear up our sewing for the Holidays. Whether you’re customizing a set of bath towels or monogramming a bath robe, this is the time of year when ornate surface embellishments take center stage! Machine embroidery has brought personalization to your fingertips and now with Advanced Editing, Singer ‘s special embroidery software offers even more options for customization than you may know. The most difficult part is deciding exactly how you want your design to look because now the options are endless!
The first example shows exactly the stitch out as the AUTOPUNCH software interpreted the clip art. In the second example, I used ADVANCED EDITING to change the ‘fills’ on the tree trunk, leaves and birds. In the third example, I changed the embroidery into an applique, which uses fabric to fill in a larger size block and is one of the many options you’ll have with Singer’s Advanced Editing.
Here’s how you would convert to applique using advanced editing.
1) Click on a color block ( I chose the bird)
2) Click the Editing Icon (far left little man digging a ditch in the bottom toolbar)
3) Right click and select Embroidery Settings
4) Now select Stitch Types
5) Scroll down the menu bar and select Applique. Click on the box options you would like and then select APPLY. Be sure to Click the box that offers a second hold down line.
6) Click the Editing Icon to close the feature
7) Now go to View in the top menu bar and select 3-D view to see your results! You’re ready to stitch it out!
Once you transmit your design and begin to embroider the first block,
* The first outline will show you exactly where the applique will go.
* STOP the stitching and place your fabric over the area.
* Press start on the machine and watch while it stitches the second outline, attaching the fabric to the design.
* STOP the machine again and lift the presser foot.
* Carefully slide out the hoop and trim around the outline close to the stitching line (2mm)
* Slide the hoop back on and lower the presser foot.
* Resume sewing and your machine will make a satin stitch around the applique!
FYI—-The newest addition to the Quartet Family , the SEQS6700, Has many new built-in bells and whistles. Below is a list of the NEW features and Add-Ons for your reference:)
AutoPunch, Hyperfont, and Advanced Editing are Now Included on the installation disc
NEW and Improved Stitch Package
Includes 100 different stitches, alphabet, numbers and characters.
NEW and Improved Control Panel
Now with electronic LCD enhanced display screen and improved digital interface.
NEW Automatic One-Touch Electronic Thread Cutter
One touch instantly cuts the top and bobbin thread after sewing. In embroidery it cuts the threads between the color changes and at the end.
NEW Value Added Spool Pin Set
This integrated spool pin set accommodate large thread spools.
Value Added—-Design CD with 2600 embroidery designs
Value-Added—-Favorite Fonts and Frames Monogramming software
Wishing you all a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sew your Dreams,