To celebrate National Eat Your Vegetables Day we’ve got an easy roasted asparagus with cherry tomatoes recipe to help us reach our daily servings of veggies and find new ways to get more greens on the grill. These asparagus will cook in under 20 minutes to be tender and crisp and the juicy semi- caramelized tomatoes will brighten up your tastebuds. For even flavor when roasting veggies try marinading them before they go on the grill.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Grill: 20-25 minutes
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, reserve lemon halves
- Preheat your TRU-Infrared 3-in-1 Smoker, Roaster and Grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat; then transfer to a large aluminum baking sheet.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the asparagus, and add the lemon halves to the pan. Place the pan on the grill.
- Roast until the asparagus stalks are tender and the tomatoes begin to caramelize (about 20 to 25 minutes)
- Remove from the grill and serve hot or at room temperature.
What’s one of your favorite veggies to cook on the grill?