Are you hungry for a new twist on your go-to sandwich? Try my Chicken & Almond Pesto sliders recipe to give your next meal a new bite of flavor and fun! These sliders are a quick and easy recipe to mix up and the pesto gives this bite-sized sandwich a more hearty taste. Griddle pans are a great way to cook up different meals at the same time, and to feed a bigger crowd so use the Lorena Garcia Sear and Sizzle Electric Griddle with Technolon+ to put dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
For the Almond Pesto
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 generous cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
For the Chicken Sliders
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons dried unseasoned bread crumbs
- 6 ounces mozzarella, sliced into 4 rounds
- 4 small brioche buns or mini buns
- 1 tomato, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
To make the Almond Pesto
- Whisk together the olive oil, almonds, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, basil and garlic in a medium bowl and set aside.
To make the Sliders
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large bowl and whisk in the egg. Add the chicken, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro, and salt and stir to combine.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and then divide the mixture into 4 balls. Slightly flatten each ball into a 1/4-inch-thick patty and set aside. Heat griddle to high.
- Cook the burgers until they are golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip over the burgers and place a mozzarella round on top of the burger. Cook until the underside is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
- While the burgers cook, toast the buns. Place the buns cut side down on the griddle until toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the buns and burgers from the griddle. Place a burger on each bun bottom. Top with a tomato slice and then spoon some almond pesto on top. Cover with the top half of the bun and serve.
For more kitchen inspiration check out the full Lorena Garcia collection. How will you add even more sizzle to this electric griddle recipe?