The NEW Inspired Inc. Layered Textures kit is such a fun kit to use on all of your papercraft projects. Included with the kit are six 6” x 12” sheets of white and black rubons. These rubons coordinate with the 18 sheets of kraft, woodgrain, and chalkboard stickers included with the kit! Inside, you will also find two writing instruments in black and white to add doodles, lines, or journaling to the stickers. There are so many possibilities!
We used the Layered Textures kit along with the Azure Project Life Core Kit with Paper and Photo Overlays to create a scrapbook page honoring that special someone or special occasion. The handcut banner pieces on this page really add the feeling of a special celebration. Below are detailed instructions of how quickly this page comes together.
- Inspired Inc. Layered Textures Kit
- Project Life Core Kit with Paper and Photo Overlays – Azure
- Project Life 18-pack Journaling Pens
- 2 sheets 12 x 12 red cardstock
- 2 kraft photo corners
- 3 red buttons
- White twine or string
- Sewing Machine and white thread
- Scallop border punch
- Foam Squares
1. Use one sheet of 12” x 12” red cardstock as the layout base. Trim the navy script paper from the Azure kit to 11 ¾” square. Adhere to the red cardstock.
2. Cut an 8 ¼” x 10 ¾” block from the yellow star patterned paper from the Azure kit. Mat with red cardstock. Use a sewing machine loaded with white thread to straight stitch around the edge of the patterned paper. Adhere block to layout 1 ¼” from the right side of the page with the bottom edge flush with the navy script background paper.
3. Cut an 8 ¼” x 1 ¼” strip of plaid paper (from the Azure kit). Adhere to the bottom of the yellow star patterned paper block.
4. Locate a 4” x 6” journal card from the Azure Project Life Core kit. Adhere to the center of the yellow star patterned paper block approximately 1” up from the bottom edge of the page, overlapping the plaid paper strip.
5. Use a scalloped border punch to create a 5 ½” wide scalloped border from a scrap of red cardstock. Tuck and adhere the border beneath the bottom edge of the 4” x 6” journal card.
6. Locate the banner patterned paper from the Azure Kit. Use scissors to cut out several banners from the paper. Arrange and adhere the banner pieces to the page overlapping the journal card. Use scissors to trim off any excess pieces of the banner hanging off the edge of the page.
7. Adhere a 4” x 6” vertical photo and a 3” x 6” vertical photo to the top of the yellow patterned paper block overlapping the banner pieces and the journaling card, as shown.
8. Locate the black chalkboard square label sticker from the Inspired Inc. Layered Textures Kit. Locate the coordinating “U R 2 Cute” white rubon. Use the wooden stick included with the kit to transfer the rubon to the square label sticker. Next, use foam square to adhere the sticker to the bottom of the two vertical photos overlapping the journal card.
9. Use a black pen from the Project Life 18-pack Journaling Pens to add journaling to the 4” x 6” journal card.
10. Locate the black chalkboard rectangle sticker from the Inspired Inc. Layered Textures Kit. Locate the “Happy Day” white sentiment rubon. Use the wooden stick to transfer the “Happy Day” sentiment to the top half of the rectangle sticker. Adhere the stidcker to the top right corner of the 3” x 6” photo. Use the white pencil included with the Inspired Inc. Layered Textures Kit to add a border around the edge of the rectangle sticker. Next, use a sewing machine to zig zag stitch across the bottom of the rectangle sticker.
11. Locate the black chalkboard heart sticker. Locate the “LUV” white sentiment rubon. Use the wooden stick to transfer the rubon onto the top half of the heart sticker. Use the white pencil from the kit to write the word “you” below the rubon. Draw a white border around the heart sticker. Next, use foam square to adhere the heart sticker below the rectangle sticker to the right of the 3” x 6” photo.
12. Tie a knot in each of the three red buttons with white twine or string. Adhere two of the red buttons along the left vertical edge, in the top left corner of the 4” x 6” photo. Adhere the last button to the right of the heart sticker.
By following these simple steps, you can include a scrapbook page in your family album that shows your family just how much you cherish your day-to-day life with them. Happy Scrapping!