Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 10 minutes resting time
Cook Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
One 5 lb. whole chicken, legs tied together with twine
1 tbs. olive oil
1 lb. cremini mushrooms, brushed, stemmed, thickly sliced
1 tbs. finely chopped shallots
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbs. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place Airfry/Steam Plate inside Frying Basket of Curtis Stone Airfryer Steamer.
- Coat chicken with oil and season generously with salt and pepper; place chicken on plate.
- Select Airfry mode and cook chicken at 400°F for 50 minutes, or until skin is crisp and golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 165°F. Transfer chicken to carving board to rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour drippings into medium saucepan. Add mushrooms and cook, over medium heat, for 6 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Stir in shallots and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until shallots are tender. Add flour and stir 1 minute. Whisk in broth and thyme. Simmer, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes, or until gravy thickens. Remove thyme stem and stir in parsley. Season gravy with salt and pepper.
- Carve chicken and serve with mushroom gravy.