A flavorful burger is never a bad idea, but top it with crispy bacon, and a fried egg, to make yourself one loaded up Brunch Burger!
May is National Hamburger Month, and that is definitely a party I can get behind! But if an entire month isn’t enough time to celebrate, know that May 28th is National Hamburger DAY – which happens to fall on a Sunday this year.
So why not enjoy your Sunday Funday with a burger, and a little bit of brunch! Sunday Brunch and burgers – that is my kind of day!
Brunch Burgers with Egg and Bacon
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 lb. ground beef of choice (ground turkey will also work)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, coarse ground, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns of choice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- To a cast iron skillet, prepare bacon according to package directions. Once crisp, drain off fat. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine, and form 4 hamburger patties. Grill or pan fry until desired temperature; keep warm.
- To a small skillet, pan fry eggs over medium heat until whites are set (completely coagulated and firm) and yolks begin to thicken (no longer runny, but not hard).
- To serve, layer bun with lettuce and tomato. Place a cooked burger patty over garnish, and top with slice of cheese. Top cheese with bacon, and fried egg. Top with other ban half and watch that yolk run!