I love making homemade Eggnog; it feels so festive! For the ultimate treat, make a delicious pot of Eggnog Cappuccino by adding two cups of hot brewed coffee to the hot eggnogg and serve it in warm mugs.
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup rum
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish
1. Combine the eggs, sugar, salt and milk in a 4-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, just until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and rum.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 2 cups of the whipped cream into the eggnog mixture.
3. Pour the eggnog into a heatproof punch bowl and drop the remaining whipped cream in mounds onto the eggnog.
4. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.