Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?! Whether you’re a fan of the Big Game, or just a fan of football food, like yours truly, everyone will come together for good food, a good game, and (hopefully) good commercials!
Burgers and beer are a no-brainer when it comes to homegating, but what about fries? If you’re not a huge fan of frying food indoors, you can air fry a side of fries – there is so much less clean up, or calories this way!
But why not make it even more fun, by air-frying a batch of waffle fries to make Waffle Fry Sliders? These little bites will score you major points with your whole team!
Waffle Fry Sliders
Makes 8 sliders (2/person, to serve 4)
- 1 22-ounce bag of waffle fries
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used 93/7 for today’s recipe, use what you like)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- Sliced American or Cheddar cheese, cut into small squares
- small slices of regular tomato (I used roma tomato)
- lettuce, chopped into squares
- Condiments of your choice, to dip (optional)
- Set AirFryer to 350. Layer pan with waffle fries. Cook for 12-14 minutes. Shake fries half-way through, for even cooking. Remove from pan when timer goes off.
- While fries cook, to a bowl combine the beef, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and Worcestershire. Gently form the mixture into small patties Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes. Flip patties, and add cheese to the top. Fry an additional 3-4 minutes or until burgers are cooked through and cheese is melted. Remove to a plate, let rest 4-5 minutes.
- To assemble, start with a waffle fry then add the lettuce, tomato, and onion, if desired. Top with the burger patty and a final fry. A toothpick through the center can help hold everything together. Serve with condiments of your choice for dipping.
Beer is a must for football watching! If you’re not a huge beer fan, I promise that a Radler may be the drink you need to come over to the other side!
This Radler is made using Pilsner beer, and lemonade. For color, and aroma, you can garnish with fresh rosemary as well. Radlers are so crisp, and light, and perfect with a plate of Waffle Fry Sliders – enjoy!
- ½ cup lemonade
- 1 12-ounce bottle or can of your favorite Pilsner
- Lemon slices and rosemary, to garnish (optional)
- In a tall glass, pour in ½ cup lemonade. Top with 1 bottle Pilsner, and serve immediately. Garnished with a lemon slice, and rosemary, if desired.