These sweet and salty skewers with prosciutto, melon and mozzarella pearls are easy bites for any summer soirée! Top with fresh basil, and drizzle with balsamic reduction for a tasty tang!
These skewers could not be any easier to make! Salty prosciutto, and mozzarella pearls from the deli area of your local grocery, with fresh melon (we’re using cantaloupe for today’s recipe), pierced on toothpicks, that most likely are already on hand from the pantry.
For pretty presentation, make sure to use a melon baller to form perfect rounds of melon to mix into these tasty (and highly addictive!) skewers.
Melon, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Skewers
Makes 15-20 skewers
- 1 medium cantaloupe, seeds removed, scooped out into balls using a melon baller
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
- 20 small mozzarella balls (also called pearls)
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Balsamic reduction glaze, for garnish, optional
- To toothpicks, or small cocktail skewers, thread prosciutto, mozzarella and melon balls. Place on a serving platter. Can be made ahead of time.
- If garnishing with basil and/or balsamic, top immediately before serving.