April Fools’ Day can be fun and tasty with a giant cookie, that looks just like pizza. It’s the ultimate fake out for friends and family (or even a few unsuspecting coworkers).
The trick to making this sweet treat look like a pizza pie is to mold sugar cookie dough right into a pizza pan.
Let it bake, before adding your favorite toppings! For this pizza, we’ve used: strawberry preserves for the “sauce”, cashews for “mushrooms”, green candies for bell peppers, black licorice that look like olives, red fruit jerky for pepperoni, and shredded chocolate (or shredded coconut) for cheese!
After you’ve fooled everyone, cut your “pizza” into slices, and let everyone enjoy this tasty prank!
April Fools’ Day Pizza
Serves 8-10 slices
- 15-ounce package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Strawberry fruit jerky, cut into 1-inch diameter “pepperoni” rounds
- 1/2 cup shredded white chocolate (or shredded coconut)
- 1 tbsp green hard-shell candies (M&Ms)
- 1-2 pieces black licorice, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tbsp cashew halves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Top with preserves, white chocolate (or coconut), strawberry “pepperoni”, cashew “mushrooms”, “bell peppers”, and black licorice “olives”.